Celebrate MAD Magazine’s 70th Anniversary!
More Original Content, Including Contributions from ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic and Jordan Peele, a Unique MAD ‘Fold-In,’ and More from ‘The Usual Gang of Idiots’
Available at Participating Comic Book Stores, Barnes & Noble Bookstores, and to Subscribers on October 4
MAD Magazine, one of the longest-running humor publications in America, is celebrating its 70th anniversary with a can’t-miss concern!
Nearly one-half of this 56-page anniversary celebration concern (concern #28) options unique content material, essentially the most for the reason that publication’s format change in 2019. Not solely are present MAD staffers creating and contributing new content material, however some of the unique and most beloved members of “The Usual Gang of Idiots” are returning with new options, plus unique contributions from movie star MAD Magazine followers “Weird Al” Yankovic and filmmaker/comic Jordan Peele.
Features for this concern embrace:
- A brand new wraparound cowl by Mark Fredrickson
- An unique MAD function from “Weird Al” Yankovic celebrating longtime MAD contributor and originator of the MAD Fold-In Al Jaffee, with artwork by Ed Steckley
- A tribute to MAD Magazine from acclaimed filmmaker and comic Jordan Peele, that includes the parody MAD cowl utilized in his hit film NOPE
- “The Bathroom,” a MAD film parody of The Batman, by longtime MAD contributors Desmond Devlin and Tom Richmond
- A particular two-page MAD Fold-In by Johnny Sampson that folds in on itself!
- A brand new “Another Look at MAD” by maestro Sergio Aragonés
- A “MAD-gical” historical past tour with Dick DeBartolo, MAD’s longest-contributing author
- An illustrated have a look at the traditional MAD worker cruise to Bermuda by former MAD EIC John Ficarra and artwork director Sam Viviano
Remember, this particular anniversary concern is just obtainable at collaborating comedian e-book and Barnes & Noble shops, or by subscription. Check out www.madmagazine.com for extra particulars, the newest tales, and find out how to subscribe, and you should definitely observe @MADmagazine on social media.