Congratulations, DC Pride 2021!
Best Anthology Winner on the 2022 Mike Wieringo Comic Book Industry Awards
For two years working DC has produced Pride anthology comics celebrating DC’s library of LGBTQIA+ characters, and has garnered fan, media, and trade recognition for the volumes. Over the previous weekend in Baltimore on the sixth annual Mike Wieringo Comic Book Industry Awards, or Ringos, DC Pride 2021 was honored because the Best Anthology comedian of 2021.
The Pride artistic groups and their editors, led by Chris Conroy and Andrea Shea, have proven readers that DC Pride is an ongoing labor of affection: Love for the comics medium and love for the Super Heroes that encourage us all to be courageous, daring and utterly ourselves irrespective of the fee. Please be a part of us in celebrating the popularity the Ringo awards has given DC Pride 2021. Registered DC UNIVERSE INFINITE members can learn DC Pride 2021 at no cost, starting right now, for a restricted time.
The Mike Wieringo Comic Book Industry Awards is an annual celebration of the creativity, ability and enjoyable of comics. Michael Lance “Mike” Wieringo (June 24, 1963 – August 12, 2007), who usually signed his work “Ringo,” is an American comics artist finest recognized for his work on DC’s The Flash, Marvel’s Fantastic Four, and his co-creation Tellos.
The full record of 2022 Ringo Awards, together with DC Pride 2021, are under. Congratulations to all nominees and award recipients.
- Best Non-fiction Comic Work: “Did You Hear What Eddie Gein Done?,” Albatross Funnybooks
- Best Colorist: Dave McCaig
- Best Webcomic: “Lore Olympus” (by Rachel Smythe), Webtoon
- Best Kids’ Comic or Graphic Novel: “Avatar: The Last Airbender — Suki, Alone,” Dark Horse Comics
- Best Series: “Something is Killing the Children” (by Tynion, Werther Dell’Edera, and Miquel Muerto), BOOM! Studios
- Best Artist or Penciller: Filipe Andrade (“The Many Deaths of Laila Starr”)
- Best Writer: James Tynion IV
- Best Humor Comic: “Not All Robots” (by Mark Russell and Mike Deodato), AWA Studios
- Best Anthology: “DC Pride 2021,” DC
- Best Single Issue or Story: “Something is Killing the Children” #20, BOOM! Studios
- Best Cartoonist (Writer/Artist): Jeff Lemire
- Best Presentation in Design: “Did You Hear What Eddie Gein Done?,” Albatross Funnybooks
- Best Letterer: Taylor Esposito
- Best Inker: Sal Buscema (for “The Heroes Union,” Binge Books/Sitcomics)
- Best Cover Artist: Simone Di Meo
- Best Humor Webcomic: “Sarah’s Scribbles” (by Sarah Andersen), Tapas Media
- Best Original Graphic Novel: “Did You Hear What Eddie Gein Done?,” Albatross Funnybooks
- Mike Wieringo Spirit Award: “Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters,” Oni Press
- Hero Initiative Awards:
- Dick Giordano Humanitarian of the Year Award: Scott Dunbier
- Hero Initiative Lifetime Achievement Award: Steve Geppi
- Favorite Hero: Sylas from “Syphon” (Image)
- Favorite Villain: Captain Martell from “Blowback” (self-revealed)
- Favorite New Series: “Clinic of Horrors” (by Merryweather & PokuriMio, Webtoon)
- Favorite New Talent: Vincent Kings (“This is Where We Fall,” Z2 Comics)
- Favorite Publisher: Image Comics